Friday, August 30, 2013

Halfway There

20 Weeks - Jon decided Bizzy needed to be in this week's belly pic (not a great picture of me but Bizzy looks super cute, as always)


Yesterday I hit 20 weeks. It's hard to believe I'm halfway there. When I first found out I was pregnant it felt like 40 weeks was going to take an eternity. We were already 2 years into trying to have a baby at that point and the thought of having to wait another 9 months (well, 8 actually) to actually have a baby in my arms felt unbearable. And that was only if things went well with the pregnancy. If things didn't work out again, who knew how long it could possibly be until we had a baby. 

The first trimester went by painfully slow. I felt like we were just waiting in agony from test to test and ultrasound to ultrasound. It really wasn't until after the 15w growth scan that I really felt like things started to pick up a bit. A part of me thought I would never even make it this far and now here I am at 20 weeks - more pregnant than I have ever been with either of our last 2 pregnancies.

Yesterday I was thinking about how my due date is only 4 and a half months away, which doesn't seem like a long time at all - of course if the baby takes after me he will probably be early and if he takes after Jon, he will probably take his sweet time getting here. We've got a lot to do in just 4 and a half short months!

1 comment: