Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Prenatal Yoga Take 2 (And Other Updates)

This past Sunday I decided to give prenatal yoga another chance. I went to a new studio that recently opened just a few blocks from our house and I've been wanting to check it out so I figured a prenatal class was a good opportunity. At the beginning of class the instructor told me that it wasn't your typical prenatal yoga class and she was definitely right. The class kicked my ass, and I loved it. I stopped working out as soon as I found out I was pregnant because I was so paranoid about hurting the baby but it felt really good to get moving again. I had to suffer through introductions at the beginning of class yet again but other than that, it was great. The class was much more fast paced then the one I'd done the previous weekend and it was also a lot more intense - not as much laying around, breathing and rubbing our bellies. I was the only new person in the class, all the other girls seem to take the class regularly so it could be a good way to meet some other new mommas in the area (although it's no secret how I feel about regular preggos). They also offer a prenatal class on Thursday nights so I may try to start taking it two days a week if I can find the energy to drag myself back out of the house after getting home from work. I'm glad I decided to give it a second chance. I think it will be a really good way for me to get some exercise and relieve some anxiety. 

I started sharing my news with a few people at work this week. My plan was to personally tell everyone in my department but I just really feel uncomfortable telling people and kept chickening out so instead I just decided to take the plunge and wear a maternity shirt to work today and let the bump speak for itself. Of course then I was scared to leave my cubicle all day, which wasn't easy considering I'm pregnant and have to pee every 30 minutes (who are we kidding - I have to pee every 30 minutes even when I'm not pregnant). I'm sure some people noticed but no one said anything to me.

Tonight after dinner the baby was kicking up a storm so I made Jon put his hand on my stomach and he got to feel a few kicks. I have been feeling movements for a few weeks now but this was the first time Jon got to feel it so that was a pretty special moment for me (and I hope it was for Jon too). The baby seems to be more active in the evenings - he must be a night owl like his dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment