Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Royal Baby



On Thursday I will be heading across the pond to meet up with Jon in London. He has been at Oxford since last Saturday for his masters program and is having a great time reliving his freshman year of college. I guess it's a good thing he's getting it out of his system now since once his pregnant wife arrives there will be no more late nights spent in pubs.

I am so excited and I have all sorts of fun, touristy activities planned for us. My top priority, of course, is hanging out with William and Kate and the royal baby. There's so much to do there, I'm not quite sure how we're supposed to fit everything into 4 days. 

This baby is going to be really well traveled by the time he's born. He's already been to Richmond several times, Chicago, the Outer Banks, VA Beach and Orlando and a few days after we get back from London I have to go to Vegas for work. 

In other news...

I went into my OB's office for my AFP blood draw yesterday and should be getting those results back shortly. We have already ruled out anencephaly and most other major chromosomal problems but there are a few other NTDs that wouldn't have been able to be detected by ultrasound just yet that can be picked up by the AFP test so I am a little nervous about the results, although I'm trying to remain positive.

Apparently over the weekend I got ginormous. I was hoping to be able to hold off on buying maternity clothes until after my anatomy scan but I guess my growing bump had a different plan. I went to H&M on Saturday and got a few pairs of maternity jeans and stopped at Old Navy on my way home from work yesterday and got a really cute pair of pink maternity pants and a couple tops. I could definitely get used to this whole elastic-waisted pants thing and getting to buy a whole new wardrobe isn't too bad either.

16w4d (Please excuse the mess in the background, I was packing for London)

1 comment:

  1. Sy says your house is always immaculate and your nuts for saying it's a mess

    ReplyDelete