Saturday, November 30, 2013

Nesting and To Do List

This post is really more for me than anyone else since I was feeling the need to see what I've accomplished so far and make a to do list of what's left to get done. While Jon has been in Richmond the past few days I have been in full nesting mode. So far this weekend, I have done the following (in between shopping, eating Thanksgiving leftovers and lots of cuddling with Bizzy):

-Assembled a bouncy seat
-Put away  and organized the majority of my shower gifts
-Finished a craft that will be hung over the crib, on the accent wall
-Framed one of the prints I ordered from Etsy
-Washed and put away all the blankets, burp cloths, bobs, hooded towels and wash cloths
-Sorted all the baby clothes by size (and determined that I need a few more newborn sized items and a lot more 0-3 month sized items) and washed and put away all of the stuff my sister gave me, plus a few of the new things I've received (don't want to wash too much of the new stuff in case I end up needing to return or exchange anything for different sizes)
-Cleared out a drawer in the pantry to use for bibs, and other baby-related feeding items
-Cleared out a shelf in one of the kitchen cabinets to use for bottles

The nursery is done, for the most part. I really just need to do the following:
-Move in the glider, which should be in within the next week
-Get frames for my maternity photos, Etsy prints and the needle points done by my great aunt and hang everything
-Purchase a drum shade, add a little DIY pizzaz and attach it to the ceiling fan light fixture
-Purchase a floor lamp
-Purchase a book shelf
-Purchase a crib mattress

The frames, drum shade and floor lamp will all come from Ikea and I'm going to make Jon stop there on our way back from Richmond next weekend (he doesn't know this yet but I'm sure he will be thrilled since he just loves Ikea) so I will have all those items soon.  My goal was to have the nursery done by the beginning of December so I'm pretty much right on track.

Some other things we need to get done include:
-Put the stroller together
-Install the car seat bases in both our cars
-Pack our hospital bags (I'm thinking this will be done around 36w)
-Put the pack and play together 

It sounds like there's still a lot to do but if I keep nesting at this rate, I'll have it all done in no time!


No comments:

Post a Comment