Sunday, November 24, 2013

Feeling Very Loved and Lucky

32w - This is a horrible picture. I was running on very little sleep and was mad at Jon because he had kept me up the night before
I have to apologize for the lateness of this blog entry - it's been a busy few days. I had to work late on Thursday at our annual open house and as soon as I got home we had to head right back out for our third pediatric consult. We really liked the practice. It's actually the same practice as the first consult we had that we really liked, just a different office. We still have one more consult and then we'll make our final decision but it's good to know we have two that we like equally so far.

On Friday I had an OB appointment. We saw a different doctor this time so I asked her why the other doctor would have said he thought I was likely to deliver around 38w and that I would be induced if I hadn't delivered by 39w and she didn't seem to agree with him at all. She seemed to think that since everything has been going well with the pregnancy and the baby appears to be healthy there would be no reason to induce. Although she did say the decision will ultimately be my MFM's and it will be dependent on my weekly Non Stress Test (NST) and Amniotic Fluid Index (AFI), which I start this Tuesday. That was reassuring since I would really prefer not to be induced, unless it's really necessary but it is a little frustrating how two doctors can have such different opinions.

On Saturday I had my first of two baby showers, hosted by my wonderful sister. There were so many cute little touches, from the whale cupcakes to the whale diaper cake and the mason
jar favors with the whale labels. It was the perfect baby shower and I really appreciate all the
hard work and love that she put into it. We got SO much stuff for the baby - he's definitely going to be one spoiled little boy! Initially, I was leery of even having a shower. I think the superstitious side of me was worried that by having a shower we'd jinx everything and something would go wrong with the pregnancy. But ultimately, I am really glad I decided to go for it. This baby deserves to be celebrated and quite frankly, after everything I've been through, I think I deserve a little celebrating too! I was overwhelmed by all the love and congratulations I received from everyone and it was so special to be able to celebrate the upcoming arrival of this baby with all my favorite ladies (a special thank you to my JMU girls who came from far and wide to surprise me - I miss you all already!). It was such a great day and I am really sad it had to end. Luckily, I still have my Richmond shower and more celebrating to look forward to in a few weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment