Thursday, November 28, 2013

Finally Feeling Thankful

33w with curly hair and no makeup - not one of my better weekly pics
It's nice to actually be able to enjoy Thanksgiving this year. Thanksgiving used to be one of my favorite holidays but the past two years I just really haven't felt like I had much to be thankful for.  After our first loss in September of 2011 I was feeling a little better by the holidays, but it was still pretty tough. Everyone kept telling me that the next year would be better but it actually ended up being even worse. Our second loss was in November of 2012 so I pretty much boycotted the holidays altogether. After two losses in one year there just didn't seem like there was much to be thankful for or joyful about.

Now, at 33 weeks pregnant with our rainbow baby boy, I am finally feeling thankful. I'm thankful for the healthy baby growing inside me and I'm thankful for my wonderful husband, family and friends for all their love and support that has helped get me through the past two years. It's been a very rough road, but I'm finally feeling like I've gotten back to a good place in my life and I know that the arrival of our baby will only make things better. Although, that's not to say that I don't wish our son and daughter could be here with us this holiday season.

~

We had an MFM appointment on Wednesday where we had an ultrasound, AFI and NST and everything looked great. They did a pretty thorough ultrasound (Baby Liles was being stubborn and covered his face the whole time so we weren't able to get any good pictures) and everything was measuring properly and fluid levels were good. The baby is currently head down (yay - let's hope he stays that way) and weighs approximately 4lbs 14oz and the ultrasound tech said it looks like he has a lot of hair! Next I had an NST where they put two monitors on my belly to monitor the baby's heart and movement. They were also able to monitor contractions and apparently I had a few while we were there but I didn't feel them. The nurse said the baby was very smart and he passed his test and I said he takes after his parents! We talked to the doctor about my OB's recommendation to induce at 39w and she didn't see any reason to do that so right now the plan is just to let me go into labor on my own and the only reason we would induce would be if I went past 40w. So things are continuing to look good!

1 comment:

  1. Such fabulous news! I can't wait to meet Baby Liles!

    ReplyDelete