Monday, December 16, 2013

The Nursery

After a lot of work this weekend, I am happy to say that the nursery is now 99% done!  I absolutely LOVE how it turned out and I like to just go stand in there and stare in awe.  The room is so much nicer than ours, I may have to move in!

The only things left to do are the following:

-Paint frames for needlepoints that were made by my Great Aunt when my sister was born and have been passed around for all the babies born on my mom's side of the family since.  Hang needlepoints.
-Order pillow from Etsy for glider (think I might do that today).
-Frame a few of the maternity photos and put them and some other knick (nick?) knacks on the shelf above the changing table/dresser.
-Hang a drum shade on the ceiling fan light fixture.  I have the shade, just need to get a piece from Home Depot or Lowe's so I can hang it.
-Put the crib mattress in the crib (the mattress has been ordered, just waiting for it to arrive).

The nice thing is that all the items left to do are pretty minor so if the baby were to decide to come early (although I hope he doesn't!), I wouldn't feel like the nursery wasn't ready.  It feels good to (almost) be able to cross the nursery off my list and move on to the next thing - which is packing my hospital bag and I am planning on starting that this week.

Here are a few pictures (the frames above the crib are a little craft project I did that spell out the baby's name - had to black those out since we are trying to keep the name a surprise):





No comments:

Post a Comment