Saturday, December 21, 2013

Congrats Graduate!

36w - All dressed up for Jon's graduation
The past few days have been busy with Jon's graduation and related festivities. After 2 and a half years of very hard work, Jon graduated from George Mason on Thursday with his Masters of Public Policy. Even while working full time and dealing with everything we had going on in our lives he managed to take 2 classes a semester and all the while maintaining an excellent GPA. I may be a little biased since I am his wife, but I think he is such a smarty pants and I am so proud of him for getting his masters degree. We had a great few days celebrating with family and friends and I know Jon is really glad to finally be done with school after putting so much time into it for the past 2 and a half years.
Me and the graduate!
In the midst of all the graduation festivities we had two doctor's appointments - my regular OB appointment and a 36w growth scan with the MFM. At the OB appointment we learned that I am currently 1-2 cm dilated, 90% effaced and the baby's head is at a -3 station. That's definitely a good sign that things are progressing so it could be any day now...or it could still be several weeks. The 36w growth scan went well. The baby seems to be enjoying all the food I have been feeding him and they are currently estimating his weight at 7lbs 2oz!! That makes me a little nervous since that means if I carry to 40w he will likely be 9+ lbs! The doctor did say that the measurement can be off+ or - 1lb so it is just an estimate and I shouldn't let it freak me out too much. Although the tech could see on the ultrasound that the baby has chubby cheeks!

On a side note, I bought the dress that I am wearing in my 36w photo for a wedding that we went to back in September. I was about 24w and at the time, I remember thinking I was huge. Ha! Here is a side by side comparison of me in the dress at 24w and then this week at 36w.


No comments:

Post a Comment