Thursday, December 12, 2013

35w Update

35w
I am 35w today and not much to report.  I had a really nice shower in Richmond this past weekend and once again I was reminded of how lucky I am to have such wonderful family and friends in my life to celebrate with.  Baby Liles is already VERY loved and he also already has a very stylish wardrobe.  I spent a good portion of the day on Sunday putting away and organizing gifts and I think we pretty much have everything we need at this point.  There are just a few more essentials (diapers!) I need to pick up but other than that, we're all set.

We also spent some time on Sunday putting up our Christmas tree and a few other decorations.  It's nice to be able to get in the holiday spirit this year since the past two years I wasn't feeling very joyful.  I miss our babies and I very much wish they were here with us to celebrate, but I also look forward to celebrating next year with our son.

At 35w I am simultaneously excited and terrified.  I am excited to meet our little boy.  We've been trying to have a baby for 2 and a half years now so I am anxious and excited to finally expand our family and hold our baby in my arms.  There were times when it seemed like the day would never come but now with only 5ish weeks left, it is quickly approaching.  At the same time, it is really hitting me that we are having a baby and that is a little scary.  For 6 years now it's just been me, Jon and Bizzy and now everything is about to drastically change.  It's going to be quite an adjustment and I'm sure it won't be easy at first but I know it will be totally worth it and I can't wait to start this next phase of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment