Thursday, December 26, 2013

37 Weeks and Full Term

37w - After another not so good night of sleep
Today I am 37 weeks - which is technically considered full term so the baby could safely come at any minute now (although hopefully not right this minute since I am writing this at work).  I do hope he waits a another few weeks though since I would really like his birthday to be far enough away from Christmas and New Year's Eve that he doesn't have to share any attention with the holidays.  

Not too much to report today.  I had my weekly OB appointment this morning but they didn't do another cervical check so I don't really know if I have progressed at all from last week.  I did ask the doctor what the c-section rate was for the practice and she said they are very pro-vaginal delivery and would only do a c-section if it was absolutely necessary which I was happy to hear since I have heard about some doctors being very pro c-section and I really hope to avoid having to go that route, if at all possible.  Of course as I have mentioned before when I wrote about induction, if it's medically necessary than I am all for it but it's not something I would want to do just for the sake of speeding things along.

We decided it was probably the best idea not to travel for Christmas this year seeing as how it is possible I could go into labor at anytime so my sister's in laws were nice enough to let us crash all their festivities.  We had a really nice time but it will definitely be great to be able to celebrate in Richmond next year with our little family of three (I am not forgetting about Bizzy - he is usually getting spoiled in Springfield while we are in Richmond for Christmas).


No comments:

Post a Comment