Friday, September 6, 2013

21 Weeks and Completely Overwhelmed!



21 Weeks Before our Anniversary Dinner (Modeling my new Target flats - I'm a little obsessed with them)

Now that we know the baby is healthy we've given ourselves the green light to go ahead and get started on all the essentials - starting a registry, decorating a nursery, touring daycare facilities and interviewing pediatrician. I guess one of the perks of being a normal, non-paranoid preggo is that you get to start all this fun stuff much earlier in your pregnancy because I'm not going to lie - I'm feeling completely overwhelmed! There's just so much to do before the baby gets here and as we get closer to my due date, the weeks just seem to be flying by.

We went to look at our first daycare option today and were both happy with the experience, although we really have nothing to compare it to at this point. We have an appointment at another place next week and need to schedule something with two others. The whole wait list process is really stressing me out. What if we find a place we really like but a spot doesn't open up by the time my maternity leave is over? Not to mention, the thought of leaving my baby with some random people kind of terrifies me (I have a hard enough time leaving Bizzy - thank god for the doggie cam!).

Next on the list of things stressing me out is the registry. Registering for a wedding is so much easier - you don't have to put much thought into plates, wine glasses, good processors, etc. But with a baby registry, everything requires research which involves looking at safety ratings and reading reviews. And for someone like me who is incredibly detail oriented and borderline OCD, the research can really drive you crazy. After everything we've been through I just want the best and safest items for our baby, which wouldn't be so difficult if there weren't so many different opinions of which are the best and safest items. I guess eventually I'm just going to have to make a decision as far as the big items (travel system, high chair, etc.) and then the little items will fall into place. I definitely see a trip to Babies R Us in our very near future (I know Jon will be thrilled).

I haven't even started looking at pediatricians yet. My OB gave us a list of recommendations so I guess I will just start there since I don't have any friends in Arlington with babies that I can get recommendations from. I'd like to think this process will be pretty easy, but you never know. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were wait lists for pediatricians too. 

The one thing I am excited about is the nursery. You know I love anything DIY home decor related so decorating a nursery is right up my alley. We are going to turn our guest room into the baby's room so I spent last weekend cleaning out the closet in there (maybe it's just me, but there are few things I find more satisfying than cleaning out a closet - is that weird?) and ended up with two big piles of stuff to get rid of - one for the trash and one for Goodwill. Next I'd like to get some sort of closet organization system installed and then get the room painted. I found a glider and ottoman at Buy Buy Baby that I'm in love with so I am going to order that within the next week and I also need to make a final decision on the furniture (I'm currently deciding between two sets). I've got a pretty good vision as far as the color scheme and all the decor but I'll save all that for another blog entry.

I know everything will get done one way or another, it's just a lot to think about. But I guess it's kind of nice to finally have normal people pregnant problems for once.


No comments:

Post a Comment